Monday, January 11, 2010

All ready to go


It is finally Jan 11th and I leave this evening for London and the beginning of the big adventure. My buddy Nick has offered to take me to the airport, and I am as ready as I will ever be.
I did a "test" pack over the weekend to ensure that everything would fit in the bag (it does) and that I would not have a bag that was overweight. Allowance is 23kg and I just did a final check and come in at 18kg, so a comfortable margin.
My cat Mabou (Mabs) has been increasingly nervous as she sees the preparations, and has no idea if I will be gone for a couple of days or (as in this case 3 months!)
My fish do not seem to care anywhere near as much for some reason.
I went back into the bedroom and saw Mabs laying on some of the clothes but not quie in the bag!
The weather in the UK is moderating and I hear that it is worse in the south and warmer up north. Glad about that as I head to Glasgow on Friday for a Carlos Nunez concert. I have several of his CDs (kinda Spanish Celtic music from Galacia in Spain), but he never tours in the USA. I am lucky the timing looks like it will work.
More when I get to the UK

1 comment:

  1. Safe and Happy travels! Looking forward to staying in touch! Peace,
    Susan and Rob

    ReplyDelete